I guess I never have really thought about there being any parallels between Adam and Noah. Bible study today revealed several.
Genesis 9
9:1-2 - God told Noah and his sons to "be fruitful and mulitply" just like He told Adam. However, because of sin in the world now, the peace that existed between Adam and the animals is not present with Noah. "Fear and terror of you will be in every living creature on the earth, every bird of the sky, every creature that crawls on the ground, and all the fish of the sea."
9:3 - God gave all of the animals to Noah as food.
9:11-17 - God confirms His covenant with Noah to never destroy the earth by flood with the tangible sign of the rainbow.
9:20 - Like Adam, Noah was a farmer. He planted a vineyard.
9:21 - Like Adam, Noah also sinned through the consumption of fruit. Noah became drunk on wine and brought shame on himself through his nakedness in his tent.
9:23 - Shem & Japheth cover their father's nakedness, thus ending his shame. This parallels God's covering of Adam and Eve following their sin.
I am thankful that our God is a God of new beginnings! God you are faithful to your promises! I thank you for working out the details for getting Jessica's car. I pray for a safe trip tomorrow. I also thank you for revealing the next step on our journey. I thank you that Joel received the promotion to Project Manager. I pray that you would guide him and give him wisdom in this new role. I pray that he would succeed and that You would receive the glory for it. I ask that you would continue to bless him as he seeks to do your will.
I lift up Jacob to you and ask that you would provide healing during this difficult time for him. I thank you for the positive changes he is making. Continue to strengthen him. Give him wisdom and guidance and may he seek your will in every step of this journey. I know that you have someone very special for him. I ask that you would continue to prepare that special lady for him and that he would prepare himself for her.
I pray that the fundraiser tomorrow for Haiti would be a great success! May the proceeds exceed those of the previous fundraiser! Thank you for the donations that Jessica has received so far. Bless the givers in a very special way.
You are a great God!!
No comments:
Post a Comment