Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Genesis Chapter 14

Abram Rescues Lot

Abram must rescue Lot who was taken captive when neighboring kings invaded Sodom where he lived. Abram assembled his servants and chased down the kings and defeated them. Even though he was grossly outnumbered, Abram was victorious thus establishing the fact that with God on your side the facts don't count. Abram receives a blessing from Melchizedek (the first recorded priest) and offers him a tithe (the first recorded tithe). When tempted to accept the king of Sodom's generous reward, Abram remains true to the promise he made to God to "not take a thread or sandal strap or anything that belongs to you, so you can never say, 'I made Abram rich'." The you here referring to the king of Sodom, of course. Abram recognized that the victory belonged to the Lord.

Help me God to recognize that my victories belong to You. Help me to give You the glory that You deserve. Thank you for being on my side.

Father, I want to lift up the Youth Mission Team to you this morning. I ask that you would give clear guidance to Jason as he seeks to determine Your plan for this team. Show him where and when You would have them to serve. If it is Your plan for them to serve during Spring Break work out the details. If not, then make the plan clear as to when You would have them to serve. I thank you for Jason's strength and willingness to follow Your direction. Continue to give him wisdom and discernment.

I lift up Jessica and her exam today. Help her to be able to recall what she has learned and to do her very best.

I lift up Jacob as he prepares for the new semester. I also lift up Justin and Candice as they fly and prepare for their next assignment. Protect them and give them success.

I lift up Joel as he seeks to learn his new assignment. Give him wisdom and resolve to do his best. Strengthen him in every way to carry out Your plan for him.

I ask that I would be able to accomplish a lot toward organizing the AR at the Studio. Give me uninterrupted time to focus and work.

Thank you for another beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment