Abram in Egypt
Once again, God has to intervene and get His plan back on track. Apparently Abram moved his family to Egypt because of a famine in the land of Canaan. It seems that he did this though without consulting the Lord or asking for provisions where he was. He took things into his own hands. Then when he gets to Egypt he has to devise a plan to protect himself. God steps in and forces Abram and his family out of Egypt and back to Canaan. These events are seen as a foreshadowing of what is to come. Upon arriving back to where he started, Abram "called on the name of the Lord." After separating from his nephew Lot, God spoke to Abram and promises to give Abram all the land that he can see and to make his offspring too numerous to be counted.
How many times have I stepped in and tried to control my life by making decisions without God? More than I want to admit. Help me Lord to have the faith that causes me to wait on you.
Thank you for a wonderful day yesterday! It was practically perfect!
I pray that today Joel would be able to move forward in his new role. Help him, however, to be willing to move at your pace and not his. Guide his thoughts and actions.
I lift up our parents to you and ask that you would bring healing and protection. Strengthen them on a daily basis and provide them with good health. Help them to live life to the fullest.
I pray for a hedge of protection around my children. May they seek to follow you and grow closer to you. Help them to make right choices and decisions.
I ask that you would continue to help Steele with quitting smoking. I pray that she would be successful in this endeavor. Give her strength and determination.
I also lift up Drew and his family. Bring healing and restoration to his body. Give the doctors wisdom. And grant his family peace and strength.
You are an awesome God!
No comments:
Post a Comment