Friday, January 7, 2011

Noah

Observations about Noah from Genesis 6:8 - 8:22


6:8 - "Noah, however, found favor in the sight of the Lord."  Despite the evil around him, Noah remained strong in his faith and God recognized it.


6:13 - 6:21 - God explained to Noah His plans for Noah and his family, as well as, the rest of the entire earth! Imagine being the only person on earth that God could talk to! What amazing faith!


6:22 - "And Noah did this. He did everything that God had commanded him."  Faith in action!  Noah was totally committed to God's plan - he did everything God told him to do!


7:1 - 7:4 - God again issues instructions to Noah.


7:5 - "And Noah did everything that the Lord commanded him." Once again, Noah was totally obedient to God.


7:11 - 7:26 - God shut Noah, his family and all the animals in the ark. The Bible does not record any communication between Noah and God during this time. It most likely was a very dark and dismal time for Noah. He may have even felt that God had forgotten him. Sometimes it seems to me that despite the fact that I have been obedient, God seems to not have noticed.


8:1 - "God remembered Noah . . ." God had not forgotten him!


8:2 - 8:14 - Noah patiently waits on God to prepare the way for him to be able to leave the ark.


8:15 - God spoke to Noah telling him to come out of the ark!


8:20 - Noah built an altar and offered an amazing sacrifice to the Lord.


8:21 - God was pleased with the sacrifice.


8:21-22 - God promises to never curse the ground again. And despite man's sinful nature, He would never again destroy the earth. The earth would return to its predictable, comforting rhythms of life - harvest, seasons, day and night.


I pray that I might have the faith and willingness to obey like Noah.
At this time of what seems like chaos and uncertainty, I ask that God would return my life to those comforting rhythms once again. I pray that the seemingly simple task of going to get Jessica's car would come together. And I pray that the seemingly overwhelming task of knowing the path that Joel and I are to walk will become clear. I ask that God's will would be accomplished and that His hand would be upon those making decisions that are beyond our control. And that we would receive clear and undeniable direction when faced with decisions.


I pray that the details of the weekend of Feb 11 would come together easily.


Thank you God for your promise of a plan for my life and your faithfulness to carry out that plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment